Just wanted to give a quick update of how this cycle is going so far...
I went in this morning for a sonogram to measure the lining thickness. I've been doing follicle stimulating shots for the last 5 days, and as of today, my lining seems to be on the right track. It measured today a 5.8, which is the same as the lining was during the last cycle when we cancelled it. But...that was the measurement on day 15 of that cycle, not day 8 like it is this time. We looked back to previous cycles that I was on the same regimen, and on the same day in that cycle I was only at a 5.2, and grew to over a 7 two days later. So I am doing two more days of shots and I go back on Wednesday to remeasure. So... so far, so good! I guess we'll know by Wednesday whether or not this new type of medicine will work!
However, through all this, my Grandma is always on my mind and in my prayers. She is still in ICU, and has had some good days and some bad. Justin and I have really been praying about what to do with this cycle since all of this was happening with my grandma. It is such a dilemma, and there really is no easy, clear-cut answer. If something happens to her, I can't imagine not being able to be at her funeral and to spend the time with my family. But on the other hand, should we wait on the cycle, without know what was going to happen? That is what we wrestled with last week, but my parents both encouraged us to continue on with it for now. If something does happen to my grandma, we will stop before we get to the transfer, but at least (hopefully!) in the next couple of days, we'll at least know if the gonal-f shots will even work, and if we can even go on at all. It is just so hard to make these decisions.
I love my grandma so much, and I know that she is ready to go to Heaven. That is so hard to write, because I want her to be around awhile longer. But as of today, we found out that she has some major blockage in the arteries in her heart. Early Saturday morning, my mom got a call from the hospital saying that she wasn't doing well. My mom and her sisters rushed to the hospital and by the time they got there, they had intubated her and she was on a respirator. It looked pretty grim on Valentine's day, and we were sure she was going to be going to Heaven soon. But she pulled through, and being on heavy medication that puts her in a coma, the doctors thought her body would be able start healing without added stressors. As of today, though, since they found the blockages, they've told us that without intervention, she doesn't have much of a chance for recovery...her heart is just too damaged. But the cardiologist told my mom that that he thinks there is about a 70% chance that she will make it through the surgery to put 6 stints in. My mom and her sisters want to do everything (within reason) to help their mom, so they made the decision that it is worth a try to give her a chance at recovery.
So I would love your prayers tomorrow (Tuesday) for my sweet Gram. Pray that God's plan will be fulfilled. Pray for the doctors hands, that God would guide them through every step of the surgery. Pray for my mom, her sisters, and all of our family, to be at peace through all of this. I appreciate your prayers so much!